Saturday, April 1, 2017

ACA500 plus working with my Amiga1000 with all my side cars attached :-)

So I bought the new expansion card from  Individual Computers a few months back to eventually get it working with my Amiga 500 thats been boxed up for a few decades BUT alas the mancave is dead out of space with me setting up my Amiga 4000 (ya I know that's another story for another day lol).  Anyhoo the lack of space got e thinking to try it out on my Amiga 1000 since they share the same zorro 2 port & I know a few amigans that got the earlier A500 card to work on their A1000s so figured I'd give her a go.

Now seeing as my all original A1000 is, and always been, the Queen of my mancave I always intend to keep her the way she was in the mid to late 80's which means kickstart 1.3 and of course Workbench 1.3, original 20MB XT-IDE Hd & controller and my 2MB ram side cars!  So I'm very happy to report the ACA500 + works great at the end of my scsi car train so very easy to keep my original classic config and also use the modern features the A500+ gives without the hassle of messing with my side cars.  Also I know many Amiga 1000 users had issues of having to restart their miggies many times until the ACA500 kicked in but so far every time I boot up the ACA500+ comes rightup...maybe luck or maybe that's due to the upgrades in the + ?






here's a quick vid:




and of course the obligatory view of the mancave..and this time it has 2 be in 2 sections for now anyway ;-)





No comments:

Post a Comment